Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Tuft

I have been fantasizing about a tufted headboard for years now. And this year I'm finally going to make it happen. My vision, though, I don't know if I will make it to the standard I have in my head, is very close to this. Since I will be making it, I plan on using burlap. I'd love the buttons to be large cream velvet. If I can make a border such as the one here, it will definitely be made with the same cream velvet as the buttons.






That's what I'm talkin' about!







This is lovely. So easy to make.



I figured that headboards couldn't be all that hard. I see it all the time, over and over, on HGTV and DIY, so why not? I looked up burlap tufted headboard, and, of course, found dozens of people who have posted ever little thing one needs in order to make it after accomplishing it themselves!





I will want mine a bit more plush, but that's just taste preference and easy to make happen. Here is the recipe for this beauty.



And another






West Elm. This one is ideal to me. Just needs larger cream velvet buttons.






I love Brooke's style. She and her husband got it down together!







Perfection.






Well, then, so can I...plus she has a Lakeland Terrier, what I want to have when we are ready to add a dog to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment